Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 2: Getting in the Swing of Things

Making sure a post is on Twitter every day is difficult. It isn't like it's a personal tweet, "Just got a grande iced coffee at Starbucks #blessed," No. This is a job. I have to promote SWAN Day. Let the people know the date, the time, the location. Who the artists are.

I thought it was going to b easier. Keeping up with the hour-to-hour tasks. Tweet a little here, tweet a little there. Unfortunately Social Media is a little more difficult than people think. When I told my friends and family that I got this internship they told me it sounded like an easy feat. Let me tell you, they were wrong. I have to research my audience to see what kind of posts they actually want to see. I need to put X amount of info in each tweet, but not too much, because I want people to be interested.

Exhausting.

But I found out that if I balance my "boring tweets" with more photos and profiles of artists, that people do engage more. I even had my first experience with boosting tweets. I actually think this feature is pretty cool. It puts a specific tweet on people's home page without having that person follow you. Said person is found through their interests and other things.

Altogether, this week was a week full of interesting learning experiences that I'm sure to use even in my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment