So, No Name Players has two teams of interns: three of us work with SWAN Day, and two work with Sisters Sorella. Sisters Sorella is a web series that No Name Players produce. The series launches the Monday after SWAN Day, so the theatre is pretty busy these days.
I actually got to work with the Sisters Sorella group on Tuesday when I was able to see my first live focus group. My supervisor, Tressa asked the SWAN-terns (SWAN Day Interns) if anyone can come live tweet the first screening of Sisters Sorella since the Sorella interns live further away from Pittsburgh. I was really excited about this since I love theatre, so I said of course. It turns out that I was the only intern able to make it, so I got to live-tweet all by myself. I set up a little Social Media station in the back of a large room filled with tables, and got to work.
At the start of the screening, the Sisters Sorella stars introduced themselves and talked a little about the show. After that they left the room. 25 or so people and I stayed behind to watch several episodes of the series. Then, a staff member at No Name passed out these papers that had questions about the show, including what they liked, didn't like, what they would change, etc.
It was really weird for me to live-tweet at first. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to write, or what photos to take. I think I kind of got in the groove after a few minutes, though. I took a picture of the audience, I tweeted some of the audience's comments on the show. I even did what I call cross-tweets (I don't know the correct term) where I posted a tweet on the Sisters Sorella page, and then retweeted it on the No Name page.
All in all, it was a pretty good week. I learned a lot about live-tweeting, which I'm sure will come in handy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment