SWAN Day was yesterday, and it was a huge success. Seeing everything come together after just weeks of being apart of this team was such a great experience.
On Friday I spent several hours helping my bosses set up for the Saturday. I may be just a social media intern, but when working with a small business like No Name Players, everyone is needed to chip in a little bit. I was there almost all night, helping tech rehearsal, setting up the art gallery, even making origami swans. I finally got to use Snapchat, so I was really excited about that. Unfortunately, although my idea was great, I think Snapchat was a dud. I'm just not sure No Name's audiences are really into Snapchat all that much. It kind of broke my heart because I know it was a good idea, just not for them.
All day for SWAN day I was on Twitter. Live-tweeting, posting videos and photos, sending content to our other interns (I was the only one to make it that night) and helping Tressa make sure everyone was having fun.
The night was also great for networking. I met people who run some Pittsburgh based blogs and I got their cards--I would have never met them without this internship.
This week was really great, and I feel so lucky to be apart of this experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment